Rehearsals are underway for our concert with Alan Holley and Eve Duncan next Sunday afternoon. We will be presenting works composed by Alan Holley, Eve Duncan and other works that have had a profound influence on Alan’s career, such as Messiaen Le Merle Noir. The concert will also feature Borneo Songs, a suite of songs composed for solo voice and wind quintet – a collaboration between Alan and Jyoti Brunsdon (1941-2011) author, librettist, musician and editor. Originally commissioned by Enigma – Five, but rarely performed. It is a delight to be presenting this beautiful work inspired by the sounds and heat of the jungles of Borneo. Join us for an afternoon of music inspired by birdsong and hear Alan speak about his compositions.
- Lutoslawki – Dance Preludes (clarinet & piano)
- Holley – Musics for Sue (oboe & piano)
- Holley – Edward Harvey Portrait (flute, clarinet & violin)
- Messiaen – Le Merle Noir (flute & piano)
- Holley – Take Flight (violin & cello)
- Eve Duncan – Madonna & Child with Goldfinch (soprano, flute, clarinet, violin, cello)
- Holley – Borneo Songs (soprano, flute, oboe, clarinet, bassoon, horn)
Performers: Taryn Srhoj (soprano), Melissa Coleman (flute), Alex Fontaine (oboe), Ian Sykes (clarinet), Alison Evans (bassoon), Tina Brain (horn), Martyn Hentschel (violin), Steve Meyer (cello) and Claire Howard Race (piano).
Sunday 13th September, 3:00pm
Glebe Justice Centre, 37-47 St Johns Road, Glebe
Tickets can be purchased through ClassikON